The Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show (FVPPS), to be held in November, will feature international and local chefs – including a finalist from 2019’s MasterChef Australia and a leading UK vegan chef – as well as cooking demonstrations, talks, special appearances, entertainment and The Great Big Festive Vegan Banquet.
The six-hour show will take place on Saturday November 28 from 11am to 5pm. It will be an online interactive event and forerunner to the 2021 Vegan & Plant Powered Shows (VPPS) set for Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Virtual visitors to the one-day show will get to meet the chefs, and discover new products and services in an informative way.
The Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show (FVPPS) will also showcase a wide range of plant-based food and lifestyle brands in a virtual expo area. Visitors will be able to interact with exhibitors and make purchases.
The show is not just for vegans and vegetarians, but also flexitarians, reducetarians, sports enthusiasts, individuals with compromised health and anyone looking for healthier and more ethical lifestyle choices for themselves and their family.
Here are a few things visitors can expect:
- A customised food show offering top-class 3D graphics and entertainment throughout the lobby, cooking theatres and beyond.
- Engagement with celebrity chefs through live webinars and meet-and-greets.
- The Main Stage – The Plant Kitchen – will feature celebrity chefs and cooks in action as they demonstrate creating vegan and plant-based dishes.
- A virtual mall expo area.
- Interactive Masterclasses on how to make festive treats, bakes and shakes, conscious cocktails and fermented foods. Masterclass hampers will be delivered to participants’ homes in advance.
- Panel discussions, expert presentations and industry professionals sharing their knowledge on hot topics.
- The Great Big Festive Vegan Banquet – a sit-down festive menu inspired by the show’s celebrity chefs and enjoyed live online and in-studio by 30 competition winners.
- A demonstration hub where exhibitors will demonstrate their products and services.
- Vegan & Meet networking sessions with extra special experiences for premium ticket holders.
“We are very excited to be presenting the
Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show. Food is one of the most important parts
of the festive holiday season and online visitors will not only be inspired by
demonstrations from a variety of chefs but will also be able to purchase
amazing products for their own festive occasions,” says Heidi Warricker, CEO of
VPPS and Live Events, one of the show’s three organisers.
Early bird tickets for the one-day virtual show are available from Quicket at R80 until October 7 and thereafter they will cost R120. Visit https://www.quicket.co.za/events/115058-the-festive-vegan-plant-powered-show#/
VPPS will now take place at the Cape Town Convention Centre from May 28 to 30 2021. A Johannesburg event is also on the cards with dates to be announced soon.