With 11 official languages, rich cultures and diverse backgrounds, all South Africans have a reason to celebrate this Heritage Day.
We live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world with plenty of beautiful places to explore.
View this post on Instagram
Guess who is enjoying delicious goodies we have in store for you this Heritage Day? 🤔 It’s Chef Faatimah off course! 😀 . Our special once off Heritage Day Menu launches next week! . If you want to receive this menu when it releases, simply send us a DM with your email address! [Tag 2 x people who you want to spend your Heritage Day with] . #CheckTheSpread #Heritage #HeritageDay #HeritageDay2019 #Chicken #Bunnies #Cocktail #Salad #MousseJars #Aero #AeroMint #Brownies #Mint #NutellaBrownies #Nutella #FeastWithCCC #Mocktails
#DidYouKnow? Heritage Day was initially celebrated as Shaka Day in remembrance of Shaka Zulu, on the presumed date of his death.
— Newsclip (@newsclipsa) September 23, 2019
Here are five ways to celebrate your heritage:
- Wear clothes that reflect your heritage
- Make a meal that’s been handed down from generation to generation in your family
- Chill with your friends and family
- Attend a Heritage Day celebration in your community
- Watch a proudly South African movie
Are you from Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban? 🌆 🌄 🌅 pic.twitter.com/ACYoUdVj12
— KitKat South Africa (@kitkatsa) September 19, 2019
Events happening around the country to attend:
- JHB: Heritage Day Braai 2019
- DBN: Heritage Day Braai at Durban Country Club
- CPT: The AfroFest 2019
- PE: Heritage Day Dinner Buffet | 24 Sept
- PTA: Pretoria African Food Festival
If you’d prefer to cuddle up on the couch this Heritage Day, watch a movie that celebrates our heritage. Here are a few ideas:
- Cry the Beloved Country